braille 'i love you' ring
Attachments
bb.jpg
bb.jpg (28.23 KiB) Viewed 9143 times

Winstone

Wonderful idea

Post by Winstone » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:21 am

Wonderful idea,
Opens new markets and creativity, wow, awesome, I have worked with the deaf, but never thought of jewelry for the blind. A new frontier. thanks for sharing, wonderful design ..... winstone

p schmidt

Post by p schmidt » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:39 am

could you imagine if the blind have conventions the fun the young kids would have reading each others rings ....if you had a line with fun sayings on them like..cool ,wow, hot stuff, miss thang, wild one, I feel you, and more ....ya never know!

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:53 pm

It is very hard to come up with an idea that has not been done.

http://www.braillestone.com/oneofakind.php

there are more if you google.

Great thought though

:D

Winstone

Inspired by idea

Post by Winstone » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:43 am

I have been inspired by this idea and am exploring New Testament quotes to use as a faith trigger for wearers of braille jewelry. This may have been done, but what an idea. From Saint John, we get the idea; "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son...."
To illustrate this powerful idea of faith, I have made a cross with GOD going across where the arms would be and LOVE going down the Latin cross which in braille becomes this faith trigger =
GOD + LOVE = JESUS [Jesus is implied] the idea is to create a trigger for the wearer as well as observers. I am also working on other ideas.
I throw this out, to see what other millers will do with this same idea. I find it most exciting to create faith triggers within a standard shape, that helps to start faith conversations, thoughts, and actions. Sharing this excitement is one way to grow, and see what others do with a similar idea.
Thanks again for sharing. I hope my reply adds to this wonderful idea.
w