Moderator: ToddMichael

p schmidt

a simple ring

Post by p schmidt » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:37 pm

a simple ring
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (138.38 KiB) Viewed 8691 times
rhino4 and 5, rhino gold, hypershot, vector magic, next engine, cadwax ring builder, tsplines

Doug

Post by Doug » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Looks great Pat. Did you make the ring yet? I'd like to see a photo of the real thing, compared to the render.

p schmidt

Post by p schmidt » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:46 am

thanks, I think it looks kinda cool myself, I don't mill hardly anything although I know I can and have two machines to do it with I just play around with designing stuff or milling something as an experiment..personally I'd still rather just buy a mounting and use the customers stones (leave a few out if too many, or add/sell a few if more are needed) and be done with it... as they say why reinvent the wheel. and I'm not to interested in making my own designs, using my gold, buying diamonds-colored stones, doing all the setting/polishing and then putting it/them in my showcases hoping to sell them ..that involves alot of time, money, and labor...and I'm not interested in doing wholesale work to the trade either....I guess I'm what you call a lazy jeweler that stays busy!
once in awhile I'll do a 'real' milling job! (for a customer)
rhino4 and 5, rhino gold, hypershot, vector magic, next engine, cadwax ring builder, tsplines

Jwlrymkr

Post by Jwlrymkr » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:32 am

Hey Pat, I have a modeling challenge for you if you're up for it.
I've been working on tweaking my models to get very clean geometry and would like you to try to replicate something in rhino.
Let me know if you're interested. :D

p schmidt

Post by p schmidt » Sat May 01, 2010 7:52 am

not too much time to look at things I've got my hands full, but if you want to post the file go ahead I'll look at it when I can, I'm not too good at this smooth surface stuff yet but I'd like to see what your doing...