not a milling but oh well

Post pictures of your finished work!

Moderator: ToddMichael

p schmidt

not a milling but oh well

Post by p schmidt » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:03 am

just finished this one (by hand) ..friend gave my a hunk of wood so off I went also made the matching finger board all wood is spalted maple
Attachments
q.JPG
q.JPG (67.66 KiB) Viewed 10690 times
c.JPG
c.JPG (81.5 KiB) Viewed 10690 times
rhino4 and 5, rhino gold, hypershot, vector magic, next engine, cadwax ring builder, tsplines

ToddMichael

Post by ToddMichael » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:52 am

I must be doing something wrong, how do all the forum millers all do it?

Making gutiars, custom ink pens, antique cars, wooden boxes, ornaments,
10 k plus mills, laser welders, televisions commercials, vacations, toys, boats, what am I doing wrong???

TM

p schmidt

Post by p schmidt » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:22 am

your too busy makin money ...that's why
rhino4 and 5, rhino gold, hypershot, vector magic, next engine, cadwax ring builder, tsplines

martin james

Post by martin james » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:21 pm

Pat when you go to put in the fret wires you can use your jewelrs saw, but then go back with a card or paper and check the depth of the kerf. All the kerfs must be a bit deep so no fret sets high. Sand the frets with a long flat sanding block.

M

Recomend Peavey Delta Blues 2/12 Amp. Made in the USA

ToddMichael

Re: not a milling but oh well

Post by ToddMichael » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Schmitty;

That is the proverbial question, along with why am I here.

After a few months being closed, I have come to the reality to your question and the answer is very simple. KISS, not the rock group but the very word it self.
Keep it simple stupid. Ok, now time for the rant, we do all these things to make us more rounded, more money, feeling smarter, better than someone else.
As we learn how to do all these things, then no body does it as well as us, as fast as us, the way we like it, business gets tighter, we lay off staff and think,
what's a few more hours, I do most of the work anyway. Business gets worse, we need more diversity, more knowledge, more time, cut out more expense.
Like employees, sub contractors, and so forth. More and more falls through the cracks, less business, less energy, and then poof! You close a business, lose a
23 year old business, that nobody else you know has been in business that long, you take a job with a guy whom has been in business for 7 freaking years. But the
catch, he just wants you to do one job, no accounting, book keeping, no sales, no marketing, no merchandising, no windows, no inventory research and ordering,
nothing other than the one thing you make money doing. Make, fix, repair, design Jewelry!

Anyway KISS to all my fellow millers!!

Toddmichael

p schmidt

Post by p schmidt » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:57 am

no windows, no accounting, no paying all the bills, no more store bills coming in, do some simple sizing/repairs, one fat paycheck nice!..did you ever think about checking out the Sterling co. (Jareds) they are always looking for shop managers and jewelers although I don't think the manager would be a good position too many headaches!....they like to hire store owners (jewelers)

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Thu May 01, 2014 7:07 pm

that is one beautiful Bass due!!!

p schmidt

Post by p schmidt » Fri May 02, 2014 7:49 am

thanks ..I just had it clear coated and did a little more work to it ..I'll post the 'final' product in a few days!