just introducing myself...

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

Willie

just introducing myself...

Post by Willie » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:56 am

My name is Willie and i just got my mdx15 package. I must say I am quite impressed with the all the support that this club provides. I am new at this cad cam technology even though I have been at the bench for a while. i'd Just like to thank Mr. Jeff Dunnington for being so informative and sharing his vast knowledge of this art. So, hello to everyone and i am looking forward to sharing in this wonderful new technology with all of you.

Willie

Winstone

Welcome aboard

Post by Winstone » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:24 pm

Welcome Willie,
Keep a 3 ring notebook, read the posts and load the examples, also check out the FTP site. There is a lot to gain. One thing you will soon discover is there are not established CD's or workbooks for the MDX-15, because on this forum Jeff and the many millers "write the book" with experiments, banter, shortcuts, and novel ideas.
I have a zipper 3 ring notebook with my Roland programs, notes of my projects, and estimated wax weights.
You should date your enteries, and as you read the posts as well as check out the "samples" files from Roland as well as their "Help" files you will begin to understand that the MDX-15 is both a scanner as well as a mill. The "Gallery" is an example of miller's skills and experiments.
The real value of the forum is the vast experience of members and their willingness to assist you. No question is too simple, no one knows it all, but with help from the group, easy answers are at your finger tips. Some of the best innovations came from simple questions and group answers.
Hope you enjoy this forum....... it is one of the Best for MDX-15...
winstone