Hello fellow Miller's

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

M.S.T.

Hello fellow Miller's

Post by M.S.T. » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:20 am

Good day to all. By the look's of it I a have a lot of chatching up to do. Some of the jewelry that has been milled looks incrediable. Hope I will be able to contribute one day.Just recieved the mill and about to start milling my first piece. Crossing my fingers.
Just want to say Thanks to Jeff and looking forward to a new begining with the mill.

Winstone

Welcome

Post by Winstone » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:36 am

There is a lot to learn and share. Get a three ring notebook at Office Depot. I prefer the ones that have a zipper to close. I then got some CD storage pages for my Mill CD's.
WHAT:
Notebook to store original start up programs as updates need original program to up grade.

Date your projects:
This is especially important for your growth as well as for protection of your original projects. You may find a project that becomes a "bread and butter" project that is worth protecting. Early notes, set ups, milling times,
casting notes, and finishing details may make rush jobs much easier, because you saved R&D during learning times. Dates are also important should a dispute ever arise. \
Copyright is another subject, but right now date your works, so later you can see your progress.
Sign your name next to the date, and include the copyright symbol near by, a circle with a small c inside. This implies desire for copyright.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT;
Download as many of the 3de files you can, then look at them. look at their logical placements and what others did to make models to be milled in wax. Although these designs may not be what you would make, the exercise is important, because you will see a logical progression for making a piece to be milled.

Welcome to the WARD, you are another patient in the Miller's ward. We are a mixed group, but with your Mill you will discover ways to make things that only big shops could produce. ...... winstone

Jwlrymkr

Post by Jwlrymkr » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:10 am

Welcome MST
Looking forward to seeing some of the things you make with the waxmill.

Doug

Post by Doug » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:13 am

I have been at this for 3 month now and have 10 project done. Five more on my bench. With Jeff tatoral and these forums you can find most answers. If you can't just ask. There is never a dumb question