Howdy!! Another new member!

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

Jonas871

Howdy!! Another new member!

Post by Jonas871 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:31 pm

Hi, my name is Davin. I am actually not a jeweler, but a watch technician. I work for Fast-Fix and they bought a machine to do custom work with, and guess who is the resident computer guru...... I have done quite a bit of 2D design, as well as playing with photoshop, alot! I milled my first piece today, basically just following the video with a few modifications to make is "mine". I love this thing! Very versatile, and quite easy to use. Especially after photoshop!! Looking forward to seeing what others have done, and showing off my succesful pieces. Thanks!

Jwlrymkr

Post by Jwlrymkr » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:44 pm

Welcome Davin!
It will be refreshing to have even more diversity here.
Be sure to check the FTP site. There is tons of great info and files there. If you happen to have a snag on something you are working on, don't hesitate to ask here on the forum.
Lots of great people here that are willing to help!
Ken

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:12 pm

Devin

I already like your excitement :D . You will make the others in your firm jealous and wishing they had control of the mill.
basically just following the video with a few modifications to make is "mine".
I am interested in the modifications you mentioned.
I am always looking for things to make the 3dwaxmill system even easier.

Be sure to look at this post to apply your Photoshop experience to.
http://www.3dwaxmill.com/phpBB2/vt.php?t=90

Look forward to seeing your work!!

Colin Creed
Senior Miller

Post by Colin Creed » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:27 am

Welcome Devin,

The Mill is a great tool, once your over the basics.
You'll be amazed at what you can create.

Look forward to seeing your creations.

Regards

Colin

frog113

Re: Howdy!! Another new member!

Post by frog113 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:12 am

Welcome to the forum................I,m new too and was a little slow to us the forum, but it helps
plan to use mine to make watch dials and cases...but still a little way off yet
made a case by hand last year but I think I can get a lot closer toll. with this machine.....been making dials with 2D but have been looking for an embossed look

let me know if I can help ( maybe a little while yet!)

I am actually not a jeweler, but a watch technician. I work for Fast-Fix and they bought a machine to do custom work with

Winstone

welcome to group

Post by Winstone » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:34 am

Welcome Devin,
We are a motly group of jewelers, designers, repair people, classic carvers, and some with academic sculpture training. We all have one thing in common this little machine the MDX-15 and as there are no formal books for jewelers, we are making history with our open forum, our sharing ideas, and posting projects in this forum.
Your contribution can be great and most meaningful. As a horologist, you can give insights into cases, custom attachments, and how to make
parts that will allow and recognize how to spot fine parts from poorly made parts. the guage of parts, and the types of findings one would expect to find on fine watches, clocks, etc. Welcome aboard, and I look foward to seeing future posts..... winstone

JewelryDoctor

Welcome

Post by JewelryDoctor » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:42 pm

Welcome to the club Davin. You will find that this is the best member forum on the net. The exchange of ideas with the freedom to express your ideas is what will make us all better with the MDX. Your photoshop techinics will be of interest to many of us. The use of the 2 has many possiblities. Keep on posting and good luck.

HAppy Milling,
Michael

McCay

Welcome

Post by McCay » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:09 am

Welcome to the group. It's a great tool, and these guys have always been willing to help. I would love to see anything you do with the watches. I've been toying with the idea of trying to make one. My only problem is that I've only ever changed batteries and pins, so I have limited experience. Looking forward to your posts.
McCay

jacmbj

Welcome

Post by jacmbj » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:21 am

Hello Davin... Just a welcome from another watchmaker..many of the skills you already have will help you understand the mdx 15. If you get frustrated help is always available through this forum... Good luck!!
Joe