Old guy coming aboard

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

jacmbj

Old guy coming aboard

Post by jacmbj » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:04 pm

Hello everybody. My name is Joe DiCarlo 53 years to date. I operate a small retail shop with my wife and son for the past 22 years. I'm a JA certified master bench jeweler and a certified watchmaker and have been at my benches for the past 30 years doing what i do best. I am an avid outdoorsman when i have time. Seems like Jeff infected me at the Columbus show and i'm sure you all know what i've been doing since then. It's wonderful to have a forum with so many talented people to share their expertise. I am proud to be part of this fine group of artists.
I posted my first project i made for a top ranked pool player for you to view. Very simple but man did he love it. If anyone has any questions i can always be reached Mon-Fri..10am-4pm at 304-232-0877
Be good
Joe DiCarlo
Attachments
DSC00244.JPG
DSC00244.JPG (139.87 KiB) Viewed 7318 times

JewelryDoctor

Welcome

Post by JewelryDoctor » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:29 pm

Welcome to the club Joe. As you can see the board is a very valuable assest to have with your MDX. I have already seen your contribution with the suggestion about the light. The mill has just opened a whole new world that will take your "jeweler skills" to a new level. If you have any questions or need any help please call on me or anyone on the board. Good luck and I look fowarded to seeing your work and hearing your ideas.

Happy Milling,
Michael

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:30 am

Hey Joe

It was a pleasure meeting with you in Columbus and that you had a chance to visit with my Father. I am very happy you have attacked the board and the mill. It is a very infectious system and tool allowing us to create things we could only dream about.
The sickness only gets worse with time and experience. :twisted:

We look forward to seeing more of your work.

Jwlrymkr

Post by Jwlrymkr » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:18 pm

Ditto to what Jeff and Michael said.
Thats a sweet looking ride you have there. My mouth is watering just looking at it.
I take it you are a hunter?
Ken

Colin Creed
Senior Miller

Post by Colin Creed » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:15 am

Welcome aboard Joe,

looking at your photos on forum, it would appear that you've jumped right in at the deep end with ideas & milling.
Well done on both accounts.
Look forward to seeing more of your ideas & work.

regards Colin

Winstone

Welcome Joe

Post by Winstone » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:06 pm

Like I told Charles, I use the program and other parts to enhance my work. You can do the same. The Mill will open areas of work that before we could only dream about. I bet you deal with Eastern Findings or Stuller or Roseco. Well, now you can make findings that fit your customer and be truly custom, or use your knowledge of hunting, sports, to make items that only the big guys could make, but often failed to be convincing, because they did not know anything about their subject.
I like the fact that I can take past creations, bears, deer, cattle, cutting horses, and other special projects that I have made over the years, and scan them with DR. Picza which allows me to make them any scale for other types of materials. That mule deer made some 20 years ago in silver can now be made smaller in platinum.
Welcome to the WARD Joe, we are all inflicted with MDX-15 Wax- atosis, which is a progressive form of psychosis involving grown men and some women who spend time watching a fast running tool cut hard wax.

frog113

welcome

Post by frog113 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:19 am

good morning!
and welcome aboard
the forum has really helped me get going
Happy milling!
hustedtjewelers.com