New member- Executive Medical / Atoz Lapidary and Gems

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

atozjewelry

New member- Executive Medical / Atoz Lapidary and Gems

Post by atozjewelry » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:41 pm

:D Greetings everyone. After much review and thought, we are pleased to have decided to obtain the 3D wax mill and expand our endeavors with CAD/ CAM ability. We will be using the equipment in 2 arenas- jewelry and medical. My family has been in the jewelry business about 17 years. We are custom design and manufacturers of silver and gold jewelry and do a lot of lapidary work. I am also working on some unique designs for special finger splints for neurologic and arthritic conditions. We look forward to learning from your experiences and sharing our ideas. We also want to say thank you to Jeff for having created such a great interface and community. :!:
Charles Brock
Atoz Lapidary and Gems
www.atozlapidary.com

JewelryDoctor

Welcome

Post by JewelryDoctor » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:13 pm

Welcome to the club. Jump right in and please feel free to call on us any time. Good luck.

Happy Milling
Michael

frog113

welcome

Post by frog113 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:01 am

welcome!

Warning! it's addicting :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
hustedtjewelers.com

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:43 pm

Welcome to The 3de Cub

Looking forward to seeing work from both jewelry and medical field
If you need any suggestions let us know. I am sure you will get any help you may need.

The board has become a very strong part of the solution for the mill.
I am very proud of its success and the participation of the members.

:idea: You can count on it getting even better.:idea:

Colin Creed
Senior Miller

Post by Colin Creed » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:26 am

Welcome aboard Charles,

Interesting combination, Jewellery & Medical items!
I look forward to seeing, yet a different slant on things.
If you do need any help, the forum is the best place to find it.

regards, Colin

Winstone

Welcome Aboard

Post by Winstone » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:55 pm

Medical and lapidary with some jewelry....what a combination of interests. The mill will serve you well for jewelry and some lapidary uses, as for medical, the main advantage maybe mechanical concepts. A place to mill a prototype.
If we can help, I have some sculptural experience, I carve miniature figures of people, soldiers, and saints, but to make a body part, say a finger joint, etc. that articulates, could be a real challenge.
Welcome to our little world, we like to play, and in doing so, we create a body of information that we share with others. Learning can be work or fun, for some of us it is fun and a lot of work.
Understanding the machine, how it works and why is important. Also the projects and the 3de files that you find are excellent tutors to the use of the machine. try out some of these ideas, we have a rogues gallery of items made from some of these ideas, and our modifications.
The symbols will also be important, we keep our ideas in a kid's 3 ring cloth bound zippered school notebook. As new ideas come about we add them to the collection of ideas. We also use Adobe Acrobat 5 to make PDF files of the posts, instructions, and also use the downloads from Roland as PDF files. then we make a catalogue of these items for a custom made CD-Rom or DVD disk. when I need information about how to do something, or the wisdom from the group, I can search the database and get the information right there from my DVD archive disk.
We save our 3de files as Jeff has suggested, and refrain from saving the DXF files which eat up disk space. The important thing is that a new DXF can be created from 3de files.
There is a wealth of ideas, work, and joy coming out of studios of people who have discovered the power of this little machine. I wonder how Roland got their examples for their samples located within programs to be so small?
As we progress for jewelers, we seem to be writing the book. We share and all benefit from the experience. Welcome again, and we hope to see your posts soon..... Winstone