New to the group

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

Risedens

New to the group

Post by Risedens » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:02 pm

Hello all,
My name is Jeff Riseden and I've been making jewelry off and on for about 5 years. I'm a retired police officer from New Orleans, Louisiana and moved up to the great Pacific Northwest about 8 years ago. I just purchased my mill and have been working with it for a only a few days and I'm impressed. It would also be helpful if we had a scanner tutorial, any help or tips you guys could provide would be appreciated. I look forward to joining the group and sharing your thoughts.
Risedens Jewelers
P.O. Box 731174
Puyallup, WA 98371

frog113

welcome

Post by frog113 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:47 pm

welcome aboard :D

best advise I can give you is study the forum
every time i'm ready to move to the next step someone posts and has figured it out.....saves alot of time
hustedtjewelers.com

Jwlrymkr

Post by Jwlrymkr » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:44 pm

Welcome Jeff!
Looks like we have 2 Jeffs now :lol:
Although I've only done a couple of scanning jobs, it seems its fairly straight forward. The only problem I've run into was getting the computer to recognise the scanner. But Jeff got that cleared up quick. If you get stuck, ask here and I'm sure the good folks here will be more than happy to help. :D
Happy milling!
Ken

Colin Creed
Senior Miller

Welcome Jeff #2

Post by Colin Creed » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:52 am

Welcome aboard Jeff #2 :wink:

The best advice that I can give is to read the Help files contained within Dr PICZA.
Like me, you'll find that pretty much all the answers, to any questions are there.

If you do get stuck, just post your problem on the forum.
You'll find that all of the members are more than willing to help, if they can.

regards Colin.

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:09 pm

Hey Jeff

Welcome to the Club. Hope to see you here often and participating in our great community. I know there is an overwhelming amount of information here but you will learn from each topic posted.

Go to the The 3de Club Forum Highlights first. The link is at the top of the page in the frame. Read each of those the try to get caught up on the rest.

Also look for a tutorial on Dr. Picza tomorrow. I will be posting the link to download. Hope you have High speed or cable internet it will be big (200meg).

JewelryDoctor

Welcome

Post by JewelryDoctor » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:12 am

I can only reemphise what has already been stated. You will find good people and valuable info on the board. If you need any assistance this is the place to come. Enjoy your new adventure.

Michael

Winstone

Welcome

Post by Winstone » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:46 pm

Welcome Jeff #2
I grew up in 'Norleans....lived off of St. Charles near Audobun Park on Audobun street one block from the park. . Dad taught at Tulane. We moved to Texas some 50 years ago. Well was a kid then, had the French Quarter with the pretty naked ladies. prior to Jim Garrison.... moved to Texas, no more strippers between movies at the cinema. Well, that is life. Dad worked with Garrison and Bureau. helped to clean up old quarter, nuff said.
Welcome,
Keep a notebook, I use a zippered three ring binder for my notes, and make PDF files of the notes, ideas, etc. the forum is a wealth of information. Also when you make an item, be sure to ask for permission to take pics of the item. I wish that I had done that more often, It is a real hassle to ask estates, and third parties for permission for items that bring them income.
Hindsight is often 20-20 and had I reserved that right, I could post most of my works.
Now I am taking a lot of older designs, cleaning them up, and using the mill to get a more finished look. variations on a theme. have to be careful not to infringe on past designs.
Welcome to the group, if I can be of help, just ask..... winstone