Brand spanking new!

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

DaveP

Brand spanking new!

Post by DaveP » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:59 am

Howdy from the high country! Beautiful Frisco, Colorado, I haven't even gotten my mill yet, but very excited to get it. I mainly do opal inlay, check out my website opalinlay.com. I have been looking at this mill for some time. Just downloaded 3dengrave and now I "get" some of the posts, but looks like a lot of learning to do. I am wondering if I can bring in drawings from photoshop and assign hieghts to different areas of it. I'm also thinking about doing some enameling, and this will be fun for that.
I'm also a rockhound, and I play in a rock band!
So you could say I rock.
Dave

frog113

welcome

Post by frog113 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:08 am

Wecome aboard!

the mill will do it.

Just look at the forum and see whast the others have done with the reliefs

Good Luck
hustedtjewelers.com

Jwlrymkr

Welcome Dave!

Post by Jwlrymkr » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:28 am

Welcome aboard from a reformed rockhound/facetor to another.
I used to be addicted to rocks (not the kind you smoke) until I got the mill hehe. This little puppy can do whatever your imagination can conjour up.
Regards,
Ken

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:31 am

Hey Dave

Well you should have your 3dwaxmill as of yesterday. :) Now you begin a new jorney into 3dwaxmillers Land. :lol: Since talking with you My mind has been spinning with ideas to use the mill and programs to cut the reliefs and cut softer stones for your inlay work. I am sure as you get into milling your mind will be doing the same. Look forward to seeing what you will be doing in the future.
I am wondering if I can bring in drawings from photoshop and assign hieghts to different areas of it.
Take a look at this post in the forum. Should get you thinking in the right way.
http://www.3dwaxmill.com/phpBB2/vt.php? ... highlight=

I can't tell you enough how important reading and participating on the board is. The members you see here often are the ones that are the most successful with the 3dwaxmill.

Good luck :!:

Winstone

Welcome Dave

Post by Winstone » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:57 am

Where is Frisco? I used to have a summer house in Crested Butte. got it for a wedding present from my mother. It was on main street. needed a new roof, foundation, etc. a lot of work. Sold it to a young man and his mom and carried their note for 20 years. It helped pay for some property in Dallas, Texas.
You will love your mill, because you will be able to repeat milling jobs many times. Are you a member of the MJSA? last issue had some articles on quick mold making that does not hurt hard waxes that set up in less than an hour.... My dentist has a RTV rubber that sets up in minutes.
Welcome Dave, you will expand our offerings and scope of the machine. Also Roland ran a full page ad in the December AJM which is the mag for MJSA. Our little mill was featured. So, we are a force to be recogned with, this forum is made of jewelers and as a result the learning curve is much faster. Enjoy and welcome aboard.... Winstone

DaveP

Hauling back & forth

Post by DaveP » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:53 am

Thanks guys,
Frisco is about 65 miles west of Denver, right on I-70, elevation is 9100ft. I actually live in the ranch town of Kremmling, one of those towns where we take turns sharing the town tooth.
I've been hauling my machine back and forth, it's so easy to pack up and set up.
Man it was cold here last week, did not get over 0 f.
My wife says, get rich, buy an island in the caribean.
After Christmas.
Dave

Colin Creed
Senior Miller

Welcome Dave

Post by Colin Creed » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:40 pm

Welcome Dave,

By the sound of things your already up & milling.
Look forward to seeing your creations.

regards Colin