Roland Jewelry Solutions Resource

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

RolandJewelryGuy

Roland Jewelry Solutions Resource

Post by RolandJewelryGuy » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:19 am

As we approach a new year I would like to thank Jeff Dunnington for his creation of this wonderful technical resource for the Jewelry Design Community. I encourage everyone to contribute to the topics here and watch your community and business thrive. Please don't forget to tell your peers about your user forum and Jeff's 3D Waxmill.
David Olson
CAD/CAM Consultant
http://www.linkedin.com/in/scandesignman

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:36 am

David

Sorry for the delay in welcoming you to Club. We are glad to have you here representing Roland. This is a great bunch of craftsman and you will see a wide range of uses for the great little mill that Roland has made us.

I look forward to having you join us at our booth in Tucson this February.
We are truly going to kick some WAX :wink: with the 3dwaxmill and the new JWX-10.

Winstone

Welcome David to the Forum

Post by Winstone » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:22 pm

Welcome David to our Forum:
Since you are from the Mother ship or from Roland itself, I have a wish list.
1) In our packet of programs that came with our mills MDX-15 there are examples of files that Roland provide. Could you entice Roland to share the steps of set up of these files for our members of this forum? How did you guys make them so small with so much detail?
2) In our packet of programs we got programs that allow us to use the MDX-15 as an engraving machine, but there is virtually no information on how to do this. Can you point up into the direction of how the MDX-15 can also be used as an engraving machine for metal objects?
3) What are the costs for upgrades of programs? Seems that there is little interest in servicing our current programs. Maybe I am mistaken, but I would like to know what and how to tweak current programs to make them better. This forum shows what a group of skilled craftsmen can do for a Roland product. There is a great potential out there for future sales,
as well as people who will buy larger machines.
4) How can members of the forum get on a newletter list, upgrade list, or take advantage of special programming offers?
5) Could those people who participate in other Roland sites have the ability to buy membership or become a part of our forum? If they become part of our forum without going through Jeff, I think that they should have to do something to join Jeff's brood. Just a thought. What do you say guys....?
David welcome to our little island of sanity in a world of secrets and milling. I hope that you can answer my questions. I hope that you will share your answers with the entire group. Why, because ideas are electric, and another forum member may take that answer in a new direction that my tired old mind would never foresee.
Winstone

RolandJewelryGuy

Reply To Winstone

Post by RolandJewelryGuy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:07 pm

Winstone,

Thank you for the warm welcome. It is obvious that I do not monitor this forum enough. I would like to try to answer your questions.

Firmware Updates: Control software that runs on MDX-15 is call "Firmware" and it is updated periodically and can be downloaded for free from the Roland web site at www.rolandasd.com. Select the "Support Tab" on the top and you will find Firmware Updates, Documentation and Q&A.

User Forum: Also under the "Support Tab" you will find a link to our User Forum.

Software Updates: CAM software for 3D Milling and Engraving can be found on the Roland DG web site at www.rolanddg.com. Select the "Download Tab" agreee to legal stuff and check the index for Modela Player Updates. Compare the version you are running verses the one revision posted. These updates are free as well.

Roland's core strength is design and manufacturing hardware so the software included for free with the machine (Modela Player, 3D Engrave etc..) is designed to get the new user up and running successful quickly. Many customers purchase more powerful software after a few years of power use! Roland also OEM's and bundles software so check periodicly on the Roland ASD web site or check with Jeff.

Roland Newsletter: You can receive a Roland Newsletter by going to www.rolandasd.com. Select "News Tab" and then select the "R-Mail Tab". Enter your info and bingo you got cool newsletters. They only go out once a quarter so your spam box does not fill up!

Keep up the great work Waxmillers and hopefully I might see you at one of the bigger Jewelry Shows.
David Olson
CAD/CAM Consultant

arthurr43

Post by arthurr43 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:47 pm

David

We just ordered the mdx-4o from Jeff. I saw your post about the newsletters. Will there be things in there about the MDX-40? What about tutorials?

Thanks
Art Rosenfeld

RolandJewelryGuy

MDX-40 Newsletters

Post by RolandJewelryGuy » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:55 pm

Art,

Sorry for the late reply! We currently do not have a MDX-40 news letter. Maybe we could have Jeff D, Don W and Pedro start a technical newsletter? New MDX-40 tutorials are posted on the Roland ASd web site.

Regards,
David Olson
CAD/CAM Consultant