"new-ish" member

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

dana345

"new-ish" member

Post by dana345 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:54 am

Greetings

Sorry it took so long to introduce myself. It seems there is never enough time in the day.
My name is David Hillman and I am a diamond cutter/jeweler from Kansas. For some unknown reason I haven't made time to read completely through the 3d board. Big mistake :( Could have saved a lot of time and hair!

I want to thank everyone for sharing. I hope to soon return the favor.

This machine is amazing! Possibilities are endless.

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:13 am

Hey David

Glad to see you finally made it here. Every client I speak with I try to impress upon the how vital the regular visits to the Club is. I apologize if I did not make that clear with you.
"This machine is amazing! Possibilities are endless."
You have only scratched the surface and adding the Rotary :idea: All I can say is WOW!!

JewelryDoctor

Welcome Aboard

Post by JewelryDoctor » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:40 pm

Hello David and welcome to the world of the MDX CAD/CAM. This member forum is the second most valuable assest next to the mill. The amount of info and advice that has acculated here should help any one expand their ablilty to get the mill working and making money. Feel free contact anyone on the board when you hit a snag. The talent and problem solving skills here are excellent. Enjoy and in the immortal words of P. Schmidt "Keep on millin and drillin"

Michael

Winstone

Another David welcome

Post by Winstone » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:20 am

Another David to welcome,
As a diamond setter you will have some insights that we naturalistic carvers would never think of or do. Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask for help. We all learn with this attitude. Also, seriously consider getting the gig that Jeff is offering for a 4th axis. The potential for doing custom wedding sets, classic pave engagement rings with millee is limitless and with a number of us getting in on the ground floor with the gig, you will find that you can actually tell clients that you can design mountings for their stones or new stones that are truly MADE IN THE USA.
I hope that you gain a lot from this website forum and enjoy using your MDX-15. it has make my life a lot easier. Hope to hear from you soon.
Welcome to the forum...... Winstone

Colin Creed
Senior Miller

Post by Colin Creed » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:05 am

Welcome David,

You'll find that the Forum contains the answers to the majority of those first "newbie" questions.
If it doesn't, then don't hesitate to post any questions or problems you might have.

regards Colin