Guess I'm the newest member

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

McCay

Post by McCay » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:18 pm

Terry,
Welcome to the group. The forum is the best resource you could ask for. Where in Greenville are you working? I'm in a store in Easley.
McCay

Terry Ogles

Guess I'm the newest member

Post by Terry Ogles » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:20 pm

Hello everybody
Well after about 6 months of drilling jeff with questions on the phone, I finally got one. I live in greenville, South Carolina. Moved here 2 years ago from LA. Still do a lot of business on the west coast. Been in the industry for 21 years, ( started real young ) Love the bussiness, nothing better. I guess I feel like a lucky one to work out of my home. So I get to play with my 2 young boys when ever I'm fed up with work. Still waiting on my machine, can't wait to get started. new jobs backing up all ready. :D

Jwlrymkr

Post by Jwlrymkr » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:49 pm

Welcome Terry!
It's OK. Jeff likes to be drilled :lol: .
The forum will keep you busy going through all the posts. If you run into a snag, there are lots of talented and helpful folks here that will be glad to help.

Ken

P.S. The addiction comes with the machine, so don't be worried. Theres no cure.

Colin Creed
Senior Miller

Welcome Terry

Post by Colin Creed » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:44 pm

Welcome Terry,

Once you have the mill, you get the "bug"!
For neally every job you start, you will have the mill in mind.
There's lots of info' within the forum, tips, tricks, shortcuts & lots of good advice.
If you do get stuck on something, just post the problem.
Look forward to seeing your work & adding to the wealth of knowledge.

Regards, Colin

Erric

Post by Erric » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:47 am

Hey Terry,
Glad to see you on the board.Don't have much else to add,If you get stuck just ask.Have fun with it.If you get addicted you can join the growing M.A. club (Miller's Anonymous) :lol:
have a great day,Erric

Winstone

Welcome Terry

Post by Winstone » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:32 pm

I have relatives in Charleston. Welcome to the forum. You will become addicted and in time will further our addictions. Seriously, keep a notebook, date your designs, backup work, I use Acrobat 5 and love the catalogue feature. I backup each month's posts into an ever growing database. I can ask a question, and most of the time get an answer, but if that fails, ask the forum members who reply promptly. We are trail blazers. Jeff has made this possible. We all benefit from sharing. I am going over past pendant ideas, bolos, and works, scanning them in, reducing them from new projects like tie tacks, currlinks, signet rings, buckles, wow one design can be modified, flipped, streched, and twisted into new and exciting shapes. You should start by downloading the 3de files and trying them out.
Welcome Terry, you will enjoy your mill and the doors that it will open.
Winstone