Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

Erric

Post by Erric » Thu May 27, 2004 5:15 pm

Hi all,
Just wanted to introduce myself (Erric).I look forward to exchanging ideas with everyone.i'm currently going though the totorial as i'm writing this, :shock:
i have to admit,
i am not computer savey but this program is pretty idiot proof. :D
i plan to mill my first project tonight.will post my results when complete.
have a great day,Erric

JewelryDoctor

Welcome

Post by JewelryDoctor » Thu May 27, 2004 6:48 pm

Hello Erric, welcome aboard the 3Dwaxmill forum. Glad to see you jump right into a project. That's the best way to learn. If you need any help or discover a valuable secret, then post it here on the board. That way we can all work together to better ourselves. If I can be of any assistance please contact me at your convenience. Again welcome to the new world of 3D milling.

Michael Parsons
JewelryDoctor@charter.net

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Thu May 27, 2004 8:10 pm

Hey Erric

Diddo to what the Doc had to say :lol: Looking forward to hear the results of your 1st milling. Be sure to check out all the post on the board. There is already a bunch of great info here. Please try the FTP site and let me know if it works for you. Grab all the 3de files and Symbol folders, just looking at them will help you get proficient with 3dengrave.

See this post
http://3dwaxmill.com/phpBB2/vt.php?t=27

Erric

reply,to reply,new member

Post by Erric » Fri May 28, 2004 3:46 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome,(jewlerydoctor & jeff)

It's done!!!!! My first milled wax.only had to listin to the totorial 37,000 times(I'm a slow learner ,with sub-par computer skills) But otherwise things went well.I can't imagine ever cutting another letter out with my saw again. Won't miss that. :D

I do have a question thou,How do you take somebody's bussiness logo & put it into the program? Any takers?

Thanks for the tip on the folders, will come in handy.

Thank's again,
I'm off to play with the mill
p.s.- Is it just me or does every one feel like they are watching a tennis match?lol
have a great day,Erric

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Sat May 29, 2004 4:30 pm

Erric

Glad it worked out for you!! 37,000 times WOW. :shock:
p.s.- Is it just me or does every one feel like they are watching a tennis match?lol
Yeah it's kind of brain numbing. I don't think anyone can say that they don't!!!

I will address your question about the company logo in the 3Dengrave forum. I will post the link when I finish.

later

Winstone

same message to Eric....

Post by Winstone » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:51 am

We are all newbies when it comes to the MDX-15, but we do network and we honestly try to help each other, we are developing a use for an engraving, milling machine that goes far beyond its original use. Jewelers work in much smaller spaces, but that is a great advantage, because our projects do not take up large amounts of memory.
First use the tutorial, watch the machine do its thing, then use your insights to do the project again, but with some modifications, like make the initials a monogram. Then make the initials a layered monogram,
Glad to have you join the group.