Another new member

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

Jwlrymkr

Another new member

Post by Jwlrymkr » Sun May 30, 2004 6:55 pm

Hi Jeff and all! Thanks for allowing me to join the forum. My name is Ken Sanders. I have been manufacturing jewelry for 23 years and just ordered the mdx-15 from Jeff. Can't wait till it gets here. I currently have 4 projects waiting for the mill. Hope I can contribute to the forum.
Regards,
Ken

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Sun May 30, 2004 7:14 pm

Hey Ken

Glad to have you :D Looking forward to your participation.

I was just on your site and there is several project you have there that you will be able to do with the mill and make quick work of.

i.e. the opal ring with diamond around it and the pave top for the class ring.

You will love it.

If you can make a folder on your desktop and go ahead and download everything from the ftp site . So you will be ready for your mill.

instructions here, http://3dwaxmill.com/phpBB2/vt.php?t=27

I have played with your Shamrock project and will include it with your
Tutorial CD

JewelryDoctor

Welcome Ken

Post by JewelryDoctor » Mon May 31, 2004 7:42 am

Glad to see you join the ranks of the 3de club. I have really enjoyed my machine and have found it to be one of the best investments ever. If you ever need any assistance...... call Jeff....lol. No really if I can ever be of any assistance please email me. Be sure to post any question or results of your milling here to the board. Good luck and let us know how your first job comes out.

Michael
jewelrydoctor@charter.net

Winstone

Welcome to the group

Post by Winstone » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:49 am

We are all newbies when it comes to the MDX-15, but we do network and we honestly try to help each other, we are developing a use for an engraving, milling machine that goes far beyond its original use. Jewelers work in much smaller spaces, but that is a great advantage, because our projects do not take up large amounts of memory.
First use the tutorial, watch the machine do its thing, then use your insights to do the project again, but with some modifications, like make the initials a monogram. Then make the initials a layered monogram,
Glad to have you join the group. Winston