New Miller

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

grivakos

Post by grivakos » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:34 am

Hi everyone ....Still trying to catch up on all the reading and subjects ...
Looking forward to sharing with eveyone.

Grivakos

Colin Creed
Senior Miller

Post by Colin Creed » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:57 pm

Welcome Grivakos,

There's a heap of information to absorb!!
Don't worry about it & take your time reading through all the different posts.
You'll find all those "Newbie - How do I do this?" answers are right here.
You can even find answers to questions that you haven't even thought of!!
If you do get stuck, just post your question.
Good Luck & look forward to seeing your work.

regards, Colin

Winstone

Welcome

Post by Winstone » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:27 pm

Welcome Gravakos,
Well tell Mark Priest hello for me. I hope that you will use the mill a lot, this club is well worth the funds. What you will find, is a club that has written the book on the Roland mDX-15, much of what is here is found no where else. This is one place where "value added" has real worth.
Start with the exercise that comes from Jeff, then try the 3de projects that these guys share, soon you will learn to make your own designs.
I have known Mark for over 20 years. I have two machines, one for a backup. I almost sold one, but discovered that with the extra machine, I could do work at home as well as at the shop. I have a large inventory of items that I was trying to do with one machine. With two machines, I barely have enough time to get new items as well as catalogue my older commissions.
Start with a notebook, as you work through the examples, place a date on that page, I know Mark and Randy share a website, and sell a lot of Texas items. This mill will make it possible to do so much more. You will especially like the scale up and scale down features, meaning that if you have an item that is a pendant, you can scan it, then make cuff links to scale in all respects, flop the pattern and have right and left images. This is especially handy for earrings.
Each item produced is exactly like the previous one. So as you need inventory, you can cut a new pattern, or cut a new master for a mold, remember most rubber molds have a shrinkage factor of 10%, so now with the mill, your project can be easily cut 10% larger, cast for a master, then when a mold is made, the finished items will be exactly to scale.
You will wonder how you ever worked without this machine. A great tool. Enjoy..... Winstone

frog113

welcome

Post by frog113 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:02 am

Welcome Aboard!
hustedtjewelers.com

Jwlrymkr

Post by Jwlrymkr » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:52 am

Glad to have you on board Grivakos and looking forward to seeing some of your work.
regards,
Ken

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:35 pm

Hello Gravakos

Great to have you here. Don't be shy and post any questions you have about the 3dwaxmill or jewelry. You will get plenty of help.

Winston, He is not associated with Mark.