Anothr new one

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

Curt

Anothr new one

Post by Curt » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:32 pm

My name is Curt.
I am a total green horn at all this. So please be gentle in some of my dumb questions.
Waiting on my mill right now,, I want to send Jeff an email and ask him "is it here yet",, figured I'd better not.
Be asking things soon.

Curt :D

frog113

welcome

Post by frog113 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:42 pm

Welcome aboad

you'll be dreaming about this stuff at night!

Good Luck

Larry
Last edited by frog113 on Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
hustedtjewelers.com

Jwlrymkr

Post by Jwlrymkr » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:55 pm

Welcome Curt!
No such thing as a dumb question around here :lol:
Take some time and look through the forum.All of the dumb questions were already asked by me and folks were grateful enough to answer them.
Best wishes!
Ken

Colin Creed
Senior Miller

Post by Colin Creed » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:00 pm

Welcome Curt,

My advise is "ditto" to Ken's.
Read through the various subjects as there's a lot of answers in the early info, that often gets missed.
You can also use the "Search" feature if your faced with a particular problem.
Good Luck & I look forward to seeing you creations.

regards, Colin

Winstone

Welcome

Post by Winstone » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:33 pm

Welcome Curt,
The first step towards mastery of a tool is to know your limitations. You will love this machine. Also, you will be a great addition to the club if you dare to ask any questions about this machine. We all started like you, and are still plodding along. Actually, you will learn faster if you ask questions, experiment with the desigsn and the do the following:
1) keep a notebook diary label each page and date it, as you progress you will be able to refer back to find answers.
2) If you make designs that you feel are unique and original maybe worthy of a copyright, your note log will become very important later if there is ever a dispute about originality.
3) Read the postings on this web club. then download the offered designs etc, you can start now, before the machine arrives. A lot may not be usable, but even those can spark ideas for designs in your area of expertise.
4) Get a good digital camera, or a couple of close up lenses that can screw on to a Super video camera, connect it directly to your computer, and take pictures that load directly into the computer, this way you will have a poor man's digital with many more goodies that the digital cameras lack, such as a much larger memory storage, and no problem with a battery going out, as most setups use house current. portability is what is lost here. Jeff likes Tiff, jpeg, see the rules for uploading images.
5) Enjoy meeting some very intelligent people who are using their mills on a daily basis.
welcome to the Club

Winstone