Introduction

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

John Saul

Introduction

Post by John Saul » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:27 am

Hello Everybody,
I have looking through the forum, trying to get a handle on everything.
And i feel like I'm in the dark ages. I am extremely unknowledged about
computers and seem to be a little over my head. It took me this long to figure out where to type a message and still don't know if this is the right place. I can't imagine what it will be like when i receive the machine. Looking at all the Emoticons, i don't see one with a dunce cap on for me.
I don't know if i will have any thing to offer, but i am greatful that there are so many of you that i could learn from. I am excited and anxiuos to get started. And deffinatly looking forward to a new direction for my business.
Hope to talk to everyone soon. John

Jwlrymkr

Post by Jwlrymkr » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:04 pm

Welcome John!
Glad to have you here.
You'll be amazed at how fast you pick up on designing and milling. I was scared when I first started using this stuff too, but now I feel like a semi-pro and have only been working with it a couple of weeks.
Ken

Erric

Welcome

Post by Erric » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:18 pm

welcome to the club John and this is the right place!!

This was me :? when I started. I just listened to the Jeff's tutorials (37,000 times) :lol: I went back and forth from the tutorial and my 3dengrave window and did what Jeff said. Heck just playing with the buttons and shapes helped me alot. There are really no mistakes or self destruct button. I Looked at some of the files that you can download and read through the help menu. Now I am really beginning to see progress and making jewelry.
have a great day,Erric

JewelryDoctor

Welcome

Post by JewelryDoctor » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:20 pm

Hello John, Welcome the wonderful world of 3D milling. As all of us were once we all have to start at the beginning. The best way to start is jump into it with both feet. Read the intrustions watch Jeff's Tutorial and give it a shot. If you have any problems give us a shout on the board and we will be glad to aide you in anyway possible. Soon you will be milling with the best of us...except our lord and mentor......" Jeff"........ We all pine to be as great as he.......LOL. Good luck

Happy Milling
Michael

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Welcome

Post by jeff dunnington » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:40 pm

John glad to see you here. I really can't follow the previous post with much more insight. I hope you will find as much enjoyment in the mill as the rest of us.

JD you flatter me :oops: All great discoveries are made by mistake.