A New beginning and beginner

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

Evert

A New beginning and beginner

Post by Evert » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:41 am

Hello
My name is Evert I live in Silver Spring Maryland. I have been a bench jeweler for about 12years. It's been about a year or two that I've gotten to know more about computers and computers designing. I have had some experienced working with Roland EGX-20 and 3d-engrave. As a beginner I've always been afraid of making mistakes and there has been no one that I could talk to or asked questions. This forum is just what I've been looking for in order to grow. I've been spending a lot of time looking through the forum( to keep me from making too many mistakes)and feel great about becoming a new member of this club. Now that I've put time to learn the basics, it is time to have fun and start making money.
Evet

John Saul

Welcome to the club

Post by John Saul » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:12 am

Hello Evert,

Welcome aboard! This really is a great group to belong to. I would have never gotten off the ground if it wasn't for this forum. There is an endless amount of opportunities for the waxmill.

john

Jwlrymkr

Post by Jwlrymkr » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:29 am

Welcome aboard Evert!
Ditto to what John said. This really is a great forum and all the members are very helpful. There really is no better learning experience than just jumping in with both feet and doing it. Mistakes will be made and bits broken. We've all been there and done that and I still learn new stuff with the cad/cam everyday.
If you get stuck, don't be afraid to ask.
Best wishes and happy milling.
Ken

frog113

Welcome

Post by frog113 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:36 am

Welcome aboard!

Looking foward to seeing your posts

Larry
hustedtjewelers.com

Colin Creed
Senior Miller

Post by Colin Creed » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:38 am

Welcome Evert,

As bench Jeweller, I found computers & this CAD/CAM stuff quite daunting at first.
But with the information on the Forum & all of it's Members, all of that has changed.
As Ken said, the best thing is to just get started & learn on your first few projects.
Don't worry too much about making mistakes, that's all part of the learning curve.
Download & check out how the various Members have created their designs.
Use the designs as your starting point or reference to help create your own.
If you do get stuck on something, just post a question, there's always someone who can help.
I look forward to seeing your creations.

regards Colin