Newbie here

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

cgator2

Newbie here

Post by cgator2 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:36 am

Hello everyone. Just recieved my mdx-15 and am chomping at the bit to get started. I'm sure there will be alot of questions in the beginning so just hang in there with me. I operate a small custom jewelry and repair shop in Gainesville, Fl. This seems to be the way to go now in wax work although old habits tend to die hard. Look forward to learning with everyone and hopefully be able to lend some advice in the near future.

Paul

mattdzero

Post by mattdzero » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:46 am

Hello Paul and welcome..This place is full of info..Lots to read and experiment with..Have fun. You will be hooked soon..Everyone is great on here about helping newbies like you and I!!

Matt

frog113

welcome

Post by frog113 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:20 am

Welcome Aboard!

Larry
hustedtjewelers.com

Chris

Post by Chris » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:11 am

Welcome to the gang Paul. I hope you have as much fun with your new toy as I have with mine. Don't be afraid to play and exeriment with it. In no time you'll have visions of wax dancing around your head. If you have any troubles give us a shout.

Chris

Ohh yea how about them Gators........ :D

Jwlrymkr

Post by Jwlrymkr » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:36 am

Welcome Paul!

Ken

Curt

Post by Curt » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:40 pm

You messed up big time Paul.
If you weren't totally wacked before,,you soon will be.
HEHEHE
Have fun.
Curt

Colin Creed
Senior Miller

Post by Colin Creed » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:58 pm

Welcome aboard Paul,

As you can see, there's lots to read!
Remember that there's also just as much help as you need.

regards Colin

McCay

Post by McCay » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:42 am

Welcome to your new addiction.

McCay

cgator2

Post by cgator2 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:33 am

Colin Creed wrote:Welcome aboard Paul,

As you can see, there's lots to read!
Remember that there's also just as much help as you need.

regards Colin

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Looking forward to the upcoming learning process. Yes Colin my eyes are already bleeding. LOL just trying to take all this in. I think I'm trying to retain to much to fast. Will probably be after this weekend before I can dive in head first. Still in the process of putting down wood floors in the house. Paul

Winstone

Welcome to the Ward

Post by Winstone » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:57 pm

Running, hiding, then sprinting, they catch you and lead you back to the Ward. The MDX-15 Ward is a special place for people who fall in love with a machine that will allow jewelers and some humans to do things that they only dreamed of being able to do. Carve waxes, make any design, make limited editions, make logo designs, make pendants, bolos, wedders, college rings, business rings, belt buckles, chastity belts, baby spoons, keys, pipe tampers, copies of ancient jewelry, coins, medals, and love every minute.
Of course Paul, you will need a notebook, a place to write notes about each project, and plenty of time reading the posts in the forum. Also read some of my welcomes to other newbies. Long winded, but of some help.
Instead of a straight jacket, they merely turn on a mill, and you will enter into the trance of becoming a 3Dmiller. Actually, the madness creaps up slowly. It is a form of illness that will get progressively worse with time. Paul, you will start to dream about projects, carry bits in your pockets, make milling noises when shaving or brushing your teeth, or worse during a boring sermon, or in harmony during Church hymns.
There will be times when you drive to work, that you will be looking at scenes that could be milled. Others talk on cell phones, you will be planning your next milling job.
Lastly, as the illness progresses and your kids and grand kids decide which Nursing home to place you in, drop small hints that you would rather be placed in a place near a seller of Roland mills.
My wife said she was a millers widow, so to solve the problem I bought a mill for the home. Now, she knows where I am at home.
She told me that if I buy another Roland mill she will use it for an anchor. Roland mills are well made and should keep this old boy down at the bottom of the Trinity River if it is securely attached to my legs, prior to my final plunge.
Seriously, you will enjoy the mill and all the help from the guys. Welcome to the Ward, an early patient..... Winstone

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:13 pm

Paul

well you got some great welcomes, warnings and antics. Glad to have you in our community.

Only thing I can add is be sure to cover the topics that is posted on the page

The 3dwaxmiller Club Forum Highlights that you see above

here is the link http://www.3dwaxmill.com/tools-tips.html

Remember that the members you see here the most are the ones that are the most successful with the 3dwaxmill Desktop Jewelers Solution.

And most of all have fun with it :!: