Hey everyone! I'm new here

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

Jewelguy

Hey everyone! I'm new here

Post by Jewelguy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:22 am

Hey guys, My name is David Adamson and I just received my 3-D Wax Mill and already I cant sleep at night thinking about the processes I need to go through to make the designs I have in mind. If this ruins my love life, it's your fault!

I'm sure I'll have a million questions but so far I'm gleaming lots of info reading all your posts. I'm looking forward to posting some designs and ideas of my own.

www.DaMiko.com

Thanks
Dave

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:21 pm

Welcome Dave

Sorry for the tardy reply. The sickness will be yours but shared by all of us. You only have yourself to blame and benefit.

Let us know if you need any help.

mattdzero

Post by mattdzero » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:33 am

Welcome Dave,

Forget about sleep at this point!! You have fallen down the hole! Work will now become more fun with your mill!! Enjoy!

Matt

Colin Creed
Senior Miller

Post by Colin Creed » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:56 am

Welcome to the Forum Dave,

You've started down the right track by reading all the different posts.
I'm not surprised that you're not sleeping as there's a lot of info to absorb!

Most of all have fun learning to create all your designs. 8)
Looking forward to seeing your creations.

regards Colin

Winstone

Welcome Dave,

Post by Winstone » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:23 am

Hello Dave,
Well now you have done it. As far as your love life is concerned. Do what I did when my wife complained about becoming a mill widow. I bought a second mill for the house!
Seriously, the mill will allow you to expand your designs and also scan past designs into a digital library of parts. This will become a valuable source of work, as well as a very important detail for your clients. Should their jewelry ever be lost, broken or stolen.
The Millers Club is like an open WARD. We have all sorts of characters here. I know because when the left the doors open, I have wondered off the grounds several times. The best time to see the whole crew of inmates is at Halloween, when none of us need masks and inflict our joys on the general public.
Like most families, some agree, some say nothing, others say "what-ever" and still others will try to help you with a problem. No dumb questions here, because we are not as dumb as we look. As for those of us who drool or make milling noises in Church or instead of snoring, well they have gone to the final stages of Rolanditis.
Keep a three ring notebook, read and download the 3de examples, put ideas into files, and ask questions. The mill will make lettering a breeze, help make awards, rings, pendants, scan bracelet parts, help you design
bezels, and learn how to make complicated internal clasps for larger projects where you know how to take it apart for a quick repair, but it has the illusion of being a solid object. You will be able to make special fold down crowns for African dictators that must flee when there is a coup. Or
make charms of a family of kids starting with their first year and one for each year for mother or grandmothers charm bracelets etc. You will find that the mill will revenue streams.
Welcome aboard........ Winstone
open new product