Hello Forum!

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

BuckeyeTodd

Hello Forum!

Post by BuckeyeTodd » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:44 pm

I just purchased my rotary attachment, and my first project is being cut as I type. I am anxious to start using this to create some pieces that I have long thought of, but never dared carve by hand. Although, after looking at some of the incredible items many of you have created using the MDX-15, I realize I have a lot to learn to measure up. I plan on using this forum daily for ideas and for troubleshooting. I would like to thank Jeff for the generous use of his time and wealth of knowledge to help get me started. As I crawl along the learning curve with my MDX-15, I hope to make some designs that are worthy of sharing with you all. :D

frog113

Welcome

Post by frog113 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:35 am

Welcome!

Larry
hustedtjewelers.com

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Welcome Todd

No problems glad I can help. Keeping up with the Club will reduce your learning curve grealty. Look forward to seeing your progress and work.

Winstone

Welcome Todd

Post by Winstone » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:44 am

Welcome Todd,
Read and load the designs that others have posted. Aslo check out the FTP files for goodies. Keep a notebook and put ideas there. Date your ideas. This is important if you later want to copyright items, or if your design was ripped off.
I use my rotary a lot. I also have made a collection of "design elements" that I use over and over. One thing that you will learn is having a library of elements that can be used on projects will make your jobs much faster and easier to do.
I weigh each element and can tell you what it costs in gold, silver, paladium, platinum, etc. Having this information on hand and the rotary will make you money.
Welcome Todd to the family, we all crawl, walk, and some can run. It takes practice, and above all read the posts of this forum. We are like a family, each person brings a new perspective to the whole. We are deminished when people on this forum do not participate. Hope this helps you......... winstone

DPB830

Get ready to have some fun,and no sleep1

Post by DPB830 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Welcome.Read,try,and ask if you dont know someone will help. Good Luck! :lol: