THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB. Forum Index THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB.
A place to share your experiences with your 3dwaxmill system. 3D Wax Mill

AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 3dwaxmiller Club Forum Highlights
Check this page often for new and important post.

The 3dwaxmiller Club Gallery
See Jewelry, Waxes and other project designed and created by our members with the 3dwaxmill.

Syn Birthstone Ring.
Pic Title: Syn Birthstone Ring.
Pic Description: Nothing fancy here except I made this on the rotary. Steps and all. Allowed for some tweaking on the center area after it milled but otherwise stuck in the oven. Can't help what the customer wanted to use I am here but to serve and of course take their $. The stone 10 x 12. The gold "theirs" The finger size 10.
Poster: JewelryDoctor
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:08 pm
View: 189
Comments: 5
Poster: Colin Creed @ Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:31 pm
Hi Michael,

Nice job!
Does it work out quicker as a Rotary design, than a 1/2 milling?

regards Colin

Poster: JewelryDoctor @ Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:26 am
Thanks Colin, The reason I did it as a rotary is that it in the 1/2 milling I would not have been able to get the steps look like I wanted. If you were to look at a side view the steps actually follow the contour of the ring. I would be happy to send you the file if you like just PM and I'll send. con't

Poster: JewelryDoctor @ Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:28 am
Jeff has discovered a neat way of getting a taper from the top area to the bottom. This method gives the taper a much more gentle appearence. Try it, and you will see.

» Last edited by jeff dunnington on Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poster: jeff dunnington @ Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:48 pm
JD Nice ring beautiful stone :)

That trick work pretty nice maybe you would share that in the rotary forum.

I have been doing some unbelievable stuff on the rotary but my boss won't let me show it. :(

I will be sharing some new findings soon

Jeff

Poster: McCay @ Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:12 am
Nice looking ring. I would love to know how you got the contoured steps. It's a shame that people pick unappealing stones. I've made expensive rings for pink ice. I'll never uncderstand it. Good job on the ring though.
McCay

Order:  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours