THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB. Forum Index THE 3DWAXMILLER CLUB.
A place to share your experiences with your 3dwaxmill system. 3D Wax Mill

AlbumAlbum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 3dwaxmiller Club Forum Highlights
Check this page often for new and important post.

The 3dwaxmiller Club Gallery
See Jewelry, Waxes and other project designed and created by our members with the 3dwaxmill.

Easy resizing to make Another
Pic Title: Easy resizing to make Another
Pic Description: If you thinking about buying a mill, here is an awesome reason why the MDX is a great solution for you and your shop. Here is a design, this original Garnet pendant in 14k yellow gold with a 7 mm major, posted it to our website, another person loved it but wanted it larger. I had a 11 mm custom cut checkerboard trillion stone. Reopened the original file, dragged a corner and made the design for an 11 mm major., and used the same size Diamond, just more of them with a small alteration.
Poster: ToddMichael
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:54 am
View: 335
Comments: 4
Poster: ToddMichael @ Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:54 am
Total deign time the first one, 30 ish minutes, 42 minutes to mill. Second one 5 minutes in alterations, and 45 minutes to mill. Both jobs designed and milled in less time than either hand carved wax.

Poster: ToddMichael @ Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:03 am
Someone asked me about margins so if your in jewelry this makes sense.
14k, .25cts SI-1H Garnet 2.75 at $1095.00, and 18k .45 cts SI-1H, Chinese Custom Peridot 2.6 with Chain 18k $2695.00, we cast and set in our own shop, total job time both was 2 hours 30 ish minutes. Both jobs delivered in less than 48 hours, mostly because of the mill. the mill makes when designed correctly, a setters dream.

Poster: ToddMichael @ Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:04 am
as I am a designer and setter, I know the value of getting the right stones in the channel and not having to fudge or reorder stones because of a wax carving mistake.

Poster: jeff dunnington @ Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 pm
Great job Todd. Glad you are happy with the 3D Wax Mill System. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

» Last edited by jeff dunnington on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Order:  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours