newbee in at last

Welcome to our community. Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: ToddMichael

rckymtnjwlr

newbee in at last

Post by rckymtnjwlr » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:11 am

Recieved my mill the week before X-mas,and my tutorials the week after. finally two weeks following that I was able to take a weekend and do the tutorials and play on my own. Everything went great with the exception of one broken endmill from either ignorance on when to use some of the smaller bits or over aggression on how fast I should have tackled a much more complex design. One thing is for certain, this thing has amazing possibilities,and might possibly become an addiction!

McCay

Welcome aboard

Post by McCay » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:05 am

Just wanted to say welcome to the group. By the way, it's a huge addiction. I hope you own a decent shop vac. I have a mini shop vac that I have to empty every couple of days. Have fun
McCay

jeff dunnington
Site Admin

Post by jeff dunnington » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:05 am

Welcome to the gang. One of the resounding comments you will hear around the club is that this whole thing is infectious and addicting. It truly is. I hope you make this a regular visiting place on the Internet, it will do nothing but help you in the future.

Need any help let us know and be sure to post some pics of your projects.

McCay I have upgrade my shop vac 2 times larger and larger. :lol: :lol:

Winstone

Rocky Mountain?

Post by Winstone » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:32 am

Rocky Mountain Jeweler welcome. What a name! do you go by Rocky?
Welcome to the forum. It can become an obsession. Much like watching a washing machine wash clothes. But, it does its thing in its own time. Most of us let it do it at night. some of us have rigged up contraptions that allow a shop vac to turn on and off at timed intervals to clean up the mess, yet, the MDX-15 is not all that messy. and you will find with doing some of the demos and simple projects that you will gain knowledge as you work. Have fun and earn at the same time. You should also get the 4th axis jig if you make custom wedding bands. It will be a real treat to have another fine jeweler adding ideas to the forum on this subject. And to think that I no longer need to buy Stuller outsourced PRC white gold settings, but can honestly tell my patrons that everything in my shop is
MADE IN AMERICA. We use Canadian diamonds..... well so much for that
we are also using diamonds from the Argyle. All of our metal work is MADE IN THE USA. ITS a big Patriotic thing here, and a real client getter.
Enjoy the forum and if you need help feel free to ask. Welcome Mr. Rocky Jeweler. ....... Winstone

Colin Creed
Senior Miller

Post by Colin Creed » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:48 am

Welcome Rocky,

With the combination of Jeff, the MDX & the Forum members, you'll be amazed at what you can do.
I look forward to seeing some of your amazing pieces.

regards Colin

DaveP

Howdy

Post by DaveP » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:23 am

Welcome to the group!

Where are you in colorado, I'm up in Frisco, this machine is cool.
Dave